Specify which users or groups of users can access a stream. To do this, update the stream's viewer list and domain list.
- Domain list—A list of email domains (for example, @google.com) that can view your stream. Anyone with an email address belonging to a domain in this list can view the stream. If you only want specific people to access your stream, you don't have to use the domain list.
- Viewer list—A list of email addresses of individual people who can access the stream.
Depending on your use case, certain email domains are on your domain list by default. Email your Archipelago account manager to confirm these pre-approved domains.
There are 3 ways to grant access to a stream:
You can add a domain (for example, @google.com) to broaden access to the stream. Adding a domain gives stream viewing privileges to anyone who has an email in that domain.
- Manage Stream > Market Access.
- Switch on the Enable domains toggle.
- In the top right, enter the email domain you want to allow and click Add.
After you add a domain, anyone with an email address in that domain can log in and view the stream. These users will have a Viewer role. Archipelago does not send these users an email notification. You also won't see their individual email addresses in your viewer list.
Grant access to specific people using their email address.
- In a stream, click Manage Stream > Market Access.
- On the left, click Viewers.
- In the top right, enter the email address for the user you want to give access to and click Add.
The person will now have access to the stream and can use their email to log in or create an account to view the stream. Archipelago does not send these users an email notification.
The user you added will have a Viewer role by default. If they need to be an Administrator or Manager for the stream instead, you can update their role assignment.
If someone is not in your viewer list or domain list and clicks a link to your stream, Archipelago prompts them to create an account and request access. If you're the Manager of the stream, you'll receive an email to approve or deny their request.
- Open the email and follow the link to the stream's viewer list.
- In the Action column, click Approve or Deny. Refer to the following table to understand the results of each action.
People you approve will have a Viewer role by default. If they need to be a Manager for the stream instead, you can change their role.